Tostada is crunchy Mexican dish same as tacos. The tostada is pretty much like a taco, but with flat shape. It’s usually made with a fried corn tortilla (you can bake it until crispy for healthier option) topped with choice of beans, cheese, lettuce, salsa and pretty much anything you like to add. Have it alone as dinner or serve it as appetizer in party, I bet everyone with going to love this crunchy bites of tostada.
- Olive oil – 1 TSP
- Taco seasoning – 1 TSP
- Boiled or canned black beans – 2 Cups
- Ready made toasted shells – As much you need
- Chopped lettuce – For garnishing
- Slides onions – For garnishing
- Mexican cheese – For garnishing
- For avocado dressing:
- Jalapeño – 1/2 of large size
- Cilantro – Handful
- Tomatillo – 1
- Onion – 1/4 Cup
- Black paper – 1/4 TSP
- Salt – As per taste
- Water – 1/4 cup or as much you need
- Avocado – 1 small or 1/2 of large
- Heat up oil and add taco seasoning to it.
- Add boiled black beans to it and cook it for 5 minutes.
- I am not adding salt here as I added salt while boiling beans but you may need it if you are using canned beans.
- Now prepare avocado dressing.
- Chop everything roughly mentioned below avocado dressing and add it to blender jar including rest of ingredients.
- Now make dressing out of it. You can keep some texture if you like.
- Take toasted shell and warm it in microwave for 30 seconds.
- Now add black beans on it.
- Garnish it with cut lettuce and onions.
- Pour avocado dressing on top.
- Add Mexican cheese on top along with cilantro.
- Serve it while warm and enjoy.