Tikhari – Spicy garlic yogurt dip
Dahi Tikhari – Tadka Dahi is spicy tangy delicious kathiyawadi side dish with lots of garlic. It serves with rotla, bhakhri, thepla , khichdi, stuffed eggplant potato sabzi etc. I am big fan of tikhari because I can’t imagine eating thepla without it. Play it around and have it with different types of chips. If you are spicy food lover then you’ll surely going to enjoy it.
- Garlic – 3 cloves
- Red chili powder – 2 TSP or as per preference
- Salt – As per taste
- Oil – 2 TSP
- Plain yogurt – 1 Cup
- Cilantro – Handful
- peal and crush garlic with help of mortal and pastel.
- Add pinch of salt for easy and quick grinding.
- When done, Add red chili powder to it and again mix it until thick chutney consistency.
- Heat oil and add prepared chutney to it.
- Oil shouldn’t be hot.
- Mix chutney quickly before oil starts to heat up.
- Red chili powder gets easily burn in hot oil so it is must to work while oil is cold.
- After you mix it, add quickly yogurt, salt and cilantro.
- Mix all well and off stove.
- You don’t have to wait until it starts boiling or yogurt will going to cuddle. (I enjoy this version too)
- Serve it hot with thepla, paratha, rotla or any chips you like.