Thai red curry paste from scratch – Vegan | Vegetarian
Homemade thai red curry paste is simple with few ingredients which make your thai dish flavorful. Being vegetarian, it’s very difficult to find vegetarian/vegan red curry in authentic thai restaurants as it contain fish oil and shrimp paste so making it at home is better option for person like me. Plus it’s super easy except pounding (if you are making with mortal and paste) but with the blender, it will be done in minute.
- Dried red Chilies – 20
- Coarse sea salt/regular salt – 1 TSP
- Cumin seeds – 3/4 TBS
- Coriander seeds – 1 TBS
- Black or white peppercorns – 1/2 TSP
- Chopped shallots/ red onions – 1/4 Cup
- Chopped lemongrass – 3 TBS
- Chopped galangal/ginger – 1 TBS
- Kaffir lime zest or green lime zest – From 1 Lime
- Cilantro roots – 1 TSP or thick stream of handful cilantro
- Chopped garlic – 3 TBS
- Kashmiri red chili powder – 3 TBS (Optional)
- Soak dried red chilies over night and deseed it if you don’t want it to be way spicy.
- Take out water from red chilies.
- Roast cumin seeds, coriander seeds and black peppercorns until roasting aroma coming out off it.
- It will take about 2-3 minutes.
- Let it cool down completely and blend it in blender along with sea salt.
- Now add rest of the ingredients to it along with soaked red chilies and make paste out of it.
- Use this paste in red thai curry and enjoy it with steamed rice or noodles.