Stuffed dum aloo
Dum Aloo belongs to, specifically, Kashmiri cuisine. The potatoes, usually smaller ones, are first deep fried, and then cooked slowly at low flame in red gravy with spices. Dum Aloo is a popular recipe cooked throughout India. Here I am making something different than usual dum aloo. I am going to stuff it with filings so hope you will enjoy the new way of dum aloo, Stuffed dum aloo.
- Baby potatoes – 15
- Water – for boiling
- Salt – As per needed
- Paneer – 8 to 10 small cubes
- Fennel seeds – ¼ TSP
- Cumin seeds – ¼ TSP
- Kasturi methi – 1 TSP
- Coriander powder – ½ TSP
- Red chili powder – ½ TSP
- Garam masala – ½ TSP
- Kitchen king masala – ½ TSP
- Turmeric powder – ¼ TSP
- Coconut powder – 1 spoon
- Oil – For frying
- Toothpick – As per needed
- Peel potatoes and press fork to it to help soaking salty water.
- Boil water into pot and add generous amount of salt and when its start to bubbling, add potatoes and cook it with covered lead.
- Cook it for 8-10minutes and take it out in plate.
- After it cool down, cut it in half and take out inside part of potatoes.
- Repeat this process with all potatoes and keep its pairs together.
- Take out half inside part of potatoes and add same amount of paneer to it.
- Mix both well and then start to add spices.
- Add Fennel seeds, cumin seeds, kasturi methi, coriander powder, red chili powder, garam masala, kitchen king masala, turmeric powder, coconut powder and salt to it and mix it well.
- Now stuff these filling to both part of potatoes and then join it with the help of toothpick.
- Repeat this to all potatoes.
- Now heat up oil and fry all the potatoes until its golden brown.
- Now add these potatoes to red gravy.
- For red gravy recipe visit crazy4veggie.com/punjabi_red_gravy.php
- Let it cook for next 5 minutes and your stuffed duma loo is ready.