Stuffed aloo tikki
Fasting can be fun too if you play around and make some different recipes then traditional. So Today I came up with fasting recipe – Stuffed aloo tikki/kachori. You can bake it or fry it, anyway these potatoes tikki taste flavorful with peanuts and coconut stuffing.You can also prepare it as appetizer also in potluck or parties. Have this with sweet and spicy chutney and you’ll going to love it.
- Boiled potatoes – 4
- Roasted peanut powder – 1/$ Cup
- Coconut – 1/2 Cup
- Crushed ginger – green chilies – About 4-5 TBS (3 Inch ginger and large 4 green chilies)
- Raisines – 1 TBS
- Cashew – 10
- Fennel seeds – 1 TSP
- Sugar – 1 TBS
- Salt – As per the taste
- Cilantro – 1/4 Cup
- Black paper powder – 1/2 Cup
- Shigonda no lot (arrowroot flour) – 2 TBS + for coating
- Lime juice – 1/2 of lime or 1 1/2 TSP
- Oil – For frying
- Boiled potatoes 90% and then peal and mash it.
- Add crushed ginger – green chilies (Add 1 TBS of mixture to mashed potatoes), raisines, cashews, fennel seeds, sugar, salt, cilantro, black paper powder and lime juice to roasted peanut powder and coconut powder and mix all well.
- Now make small bowls out of mixture so it will be easy to work with stuffing kachoris.
- Now add shingoda no lot to meshed potatoes and crushed ginger green chili and add salt.
- Mix it well and make bowls to stuff our stuffing bowls.
- Now apply some oil on both palms and try to give katori shape in your hand.
- Place one bowl of crushed peanut and coconut stuffing and try to seal it.
- Make sure it’s packed very well or it might get open up while frying.
- Repeat the same method and make all the kachoris this way.
- Now dump kachori to shingoda no lot and coat kachori with it. Repeat the same process with remaining kachoris.
- Now if you want to bake it, oil spray kachori on the both sides and broil it in oven for 3-4 minutes each side or until they are crispy enough.
- Heat the oil and fry kachoris to oil for 3 minutes on medium-high flame if you want to make fried kachori.
- Serve it hot with spicy green chutney and sweet chutney and enjoy…