Spinach mix dal with buttermilk
Spinach mix dal with buttermilk is perfect recipe to combine your veggie with lentils. Buttermilk is giving perfect hint of mild tangy taste to it.
- Chana daal – ¼ Cup
- Skinless moong daal and masoor daal – ¼ Cup
- Water for boiling daal – 2 Cups
- Oil – 2 TBS
- Mustard seeds – ½ TSP
- Cumin seeds – ½ TSP
- Salt – As per taste
- Green chilies -2
- Onion – ½ Cup
- Asafetida – 3 Pinch
- Turmeric powder – ½ TSP
- Coriander-cumin powder – 2 TSP
- Garlic red chili powder chutney – 1 & ½ TSP
- Thick buttermilk – 1 Cup
- Spinach – One bunch washed and chopped
- Soak chana daal in enough water for 2 hours and then boil all daals together adding salt into pressure cooking followed by 5 whistles.
- Let pressure cooker cool down completely.
- Add oil to pan and add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and asafetida when it’s hot.
- Let all splutter and add cut green chilies and onions and cook it for one minute on high flame.
- Add tomatoes to it and again cook it same way for one minute.
- Keep your flame on medium and starts to add spices.