Spinach dal puree – Baby/toddler recipe
My toddler loves this dal with spinach. I always concern about feeding fresh, home cooked (not frozen at all), healthy and packed with nutritions meals to my kids. I am glad that this easy and simple recipe Shlok enjoys so much. Do try this, play around with different dal and veggies and see how your kid liking it.
- Ghee – 2 tsp
- Cumin seeds – Pinch
- Asafetida – Pinch
- Chopped spinach – 1 cup packed
- Coriander cumin powder – Pinch
- Red chili powder – Pinch
- Turmeric powder – 2 pinches
- Salt – 2 pinches
- Boiled toor dal – 3/4 cup
- Water – As per needed for consistency
- Add the ghee in pan following by asafetida and cumin seeds.
- Now add chopped spinach leaves and cook it for 2 minutes.
- Now add all the masalas mentioned in ingredients and mix it well.
- Skip red chili powder if you think your baby/toddler can not tolerate the heat.
- Now add boiled toor dal to it and give it 1 minute of cooking all together.
- When it reaches warm temperature, add water to adjust its consistency and puree it.
- Feed this fresh to your toddler.