Spicy urad dal with buttermilk – No oil recipe
I am big an of typical kathiyawadi(from where i belong) traditional food either it’s tikhari, thepla, vaghareli khichadi or this urad dal. This is weekend special recipe as we all are on same table at lunch time can enjoy this garama garam daal with rotla. My daughter and hubby loves this and we always enjoy this urad dal with rotla, buttermilk and chopped onion. This dal taste awesome without tadka but if want to make tadka version then saute some cumin seeds along with chopped onions, ginger and garlic. you will like this version too.
- Urad daal – 1/2 cup
- Water – 2 cup
- Thai chili – 1
- Chopped tomatoes – 1/2 of large
- Salt – As per taste
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 to 1/2 tsp
- Yogurt – 2 big laddle
- Water (for buttermilk) – 1 cup
- Garlic red chili chutney – 1 1/2 tsp
- Coriander cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Add washed urad dal and water to pressure cooker along with slit green chili, tomatoes, turmeric powder and salt.
- give 10-15 whistles and let air pressure release naturally.
- meanwhile soak garlic red chili chutney and coriander cumin powder in bowl with 2-3 tbs of water.
- Also prepare buttermilk in blender by adding yogurt and water to it and blend it.
- Now add 1 cup of buttermilk and soaked spices to urad dal and let it cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Garnish it with cilantro and enjoy this with raw onions, lime slice, rotlo/paratha and buttermilk.