Spicy moong curry with buttermilk
This Spicy moong curry is consisting with buttermilk and Indian spices will be best with rice,roti or naan. Contain the extra spice level would definitely attract spicy food hunter.
- Oil – 2 & ½ TBS
- Asafetida – 1 pinch
- Cumin seeds – ½ TSP
- Green chilies – 4
- Onion – 2 medium size
- Tomato – 1 medium size
- Coriander powder – 1TSP
- Turmeric powder – ½ TSP
- Garlic Red chili paste – 2 TSP
- Garam masala – ½ TSP
- Salt – As per neede
- Moon – ¾ Cup
- Water – 2 & ½ cup
- Buteer milk – 3 cups
- Lime Juice – 2 TSP
- Add water to pressure cooker and let it to boiling and then add moong and salt to it and let it cook until 3 whistle and wait to open it until it naturally cool down and air is gone.
- Now make butter milk. For it take 5big spoons of curd, add 2cups of water and mix with blender or in mixture.
- When pressure cooker cool down, add oil to pan and let it just heat up.
- Add cumin seed and let it pop then add asafetida, green chilies and onion in order and cook it until golden brown.
- Add some salt to fast processing of cooking.
- Later on add tomatoes and cook for 30seconds.
- Add all spices to it and let it cook for next 30seconds with covered pot.
- Now add buttermilk to it and at this point keep your flame on high to boil it.
- After its start to boiling add boiled moong and let it cook with covered pot for next 5 minutes on medium to low flame.
- Add lime juice to give tanginess to our curry.
- Check your recipe if anything is needed otherwise you ready to go with it.
- This spicy moong curry in butter milk will be perfect combination with basmati rice.
- If it is possible, Make buttermilk before 24hours and keep it at warm place so sourness will come strong.