Sev turai curry
Sev turai sabzi is great in taste. My people find it boring and tasteless but bealive me, make it this way and you’ll change your opinion. Turai/Chinese okra is also a good vegetable to serve for children as it cooks very soft and is light on the stomach and prevents flatulence as well.
- Turai/chinese okra – 2 cups
- Asafetida – pinch
- Turmeric powder – ¼ TSP
- Coriander cumin powder – 1TSP
- Garlic red chili chutney – 2 crushed garlic cloves + 1TSP of red chili powder
- Salt – as per taste
- Water – ¾ Cup
- Fine Sev – 3 TBS
- Peel and cut turai into small cubes.
- Heat up oil and add asafetida and turmeric powder followed by turai.
- Mix well adding salt and cook it with cover pot around 7-8 minutes on medium heat.
- Now add coriander cumin powder and garlic red chili chutney to it and after mixing well cook all together for 1minutes.
- Now add water let it wait until it starts to boil.
- Add sev and immediately off stove.
- Garnish it with cilantro.