Sev tomatoes curry
Sev tameta nu shak (Sev tomatoes curry) is traditional gujarati curry. Whenever my mood is out of cooking, I make such easy and simple curry to fix my quick meal.
- Sev – 3 TBS
- Oil – 1 TSP
- Asafetida – Pinch
- Turmeric powder – less then 1/4 TSP
- Tomato – 1 Medium size
- Coriender cumin powder – 1/2 TSP
- Garam masala – 1/4 TSP
- Garlic red chili chutney – 1/2 to 1 TSP
- Sugar – 1 TSP (Optional)
- Salt – As you need
- Water – 3/4 Cup
- Cilantro – for garnishing
- Heat up oil and add asafetida and chopped tomatoes to it.
- Mix it well and cover your pan and let it cook for next 1 minute.
- Now add coriander cumin powder, Turmeric powder, Garam masala, Garlic red chili chutney*, salt, sugar and mix it.
- Let all cook for next one minute.
- Now add water and cover pan and let all cook for next 1-2 minutes on low flame.
- Now off the stove and add sev and cilantro to it and mix it.
- Serve it immediately while its hot as sev will going to soak gravy as it will going to cool down.
- *Follow this link for garlic red chili chutney : http://crazy4veggie.com/garlic_red_chili_chutney.php