Either you stuck up with left over idlies or you are in mood to have Indo Chinese food in hatke way, this appetizer is perfect for you in any way. Schezwan idli is recipe which is unique combination of pan fry or fried idlies with Indo Chinese sauces. This will be quick and tasty appetizer you can ever have.
- Idli – 3
- Oil – 2 TBS for pan frying idli + 2 TBS for main recipe
- Slit green chilies – 2
- Slice onion – ¾ Cup
- Slice red & green bell paper – ¾ Cup
- Cilantro – for garnishing
- Salt – As per the taste
- Schezwan sauce – 1 ½ TSP
- Vinegar – 1 TSP
- Soya sauce – 1 TSP
- Red Chili sauce – 1 ½ TSP
- Cut idli into bite sizes.
- Heat up oil in pan and pan fry it for 2-3 minutes until it has golden brown crust on top.
- Now take those out and add oil to same pan.
- Add onion, bell peppers to it and sauté for 1 minute.
- Now add schezwan sauce, chili sauce, vinegar, soya sauce and salt to it and mix well.
- Add fried idli bites to it and toss it well.
- Garnish it with cilantro and serve it hot.