Restaurant style rava dosa
My daughter is fan of different types of dosa. She always has one request, dosa has to be crunchy, after all she is my daughter and she got into this particular thing about dosa same as me. So I cooked different types of dosa frequently in my kitchen. Sometimes it happens that you wish to have dosa right-away and couldn’t have better at home then this is easiest recipe of rava dosa you can ever have. Simply soak ingredients for 15 mins and you’ll gonna have crunchy and hot dosa in next 15 mins. Have this dosa as alone or serve this with green chutney, coconut chutney, sambhar or stuffing. Anyway it will gonna be tasty.
- Suji(Semolina) – 1 cup
- All purpose flour – 2tbs
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Cilantro – handful
- Salt – As per needed
- Black pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
- Green chili – As per needed(optional)
- Chopped onions – 3 tbs (appx. for one large dosa)
- Ghee – 1-2 tsp per dosa
- Cheese – As per you wanna make it cheesy(optional)
- Water – 2 1/2 cups or more*
- *When you ready to pour batter to dosa pan, it has to be super liquidly. it has to be pouring consistency so adjust water until you get it.
- Mix all the ingredients except onions and ghee to bowl and make smooth batter out of it.
- Let it rest for 15 mins.
- Now heat up dosa griddle/pan and add chopped onions to it.
- Now pour dosa batter with big ladle.
- Make sure you layer it thinly and try not to over pour it. It will prevent your dosa to be crunchy.
- Fill the remaining big spots with batter like i did in video if you have any.
- Drizzle green on top and sprinkle cheese if you desire.
- Cook it for 5-6 mins on medium high flame or until you see golden spots on dosa appearing.
- Serve it hot your favorite chutneys or sambhar.
- *I have used electric griddle which i preheated to 400F.