Rajma masala – My style
Popular Indian Dish where Rajma Masala is enjoying with bhatura or puri. The lightly spiced curry tastes even better the next day so make extra portions.
- Red kidney beans (Rajma) -1 Cup
- Bay leaves – 2
- Cinnamon stick – 1
- Cloves – 5
- Cardamom – 2
- Star anise – 1
- (Add all above spices + little salt with red kidney beans while boiling it)
- Tomato sauce – 1 can
- Kasturi methi – 1 TBS
- Oil – 1 TBS
- Asafetida – pinch
- Salt- As per taste
- Coriander powder – ½ TSP
- Red chili powder – ½ TSP
- Turmeric powder – ½ TSP
- Garam masala – ½ TSP
- Chat masala – ½ TSP
- Cinnamon powder – ½ TSP
- Soak read kidney beans in warm water for 3-4 hours or overnight.
- Add dry spices and salt to pressure cooker with red kidney beans while boiling it (as mention in ingredients) and boil it until it’s become soft.
- Add oil to pan and keep flame on medium and then add asafetida to it.
- Add can of tomato sauce and cook it until it start to leave oil, cook it with covered pot and stir in between 4-5times.
- After tomato sauce start to leave oil, add remaining all dry spices, salt and kasturi methi to it and again cook it for 5minutes with covered pan, stir it in between.
- After 5 minutes uncover pan and add boiled red kidney beans to it and mix it. ( keep some beans aside and crush it )
- After mixing red kidney beans, add the stock of beans which come out after beans cook in pressure cooker.
- Make the consistency you want as per you can add stock of beans or water.
- Now add remaining crushed beans to it to make your gravy thick.
- Now cover pan for final 10minutes cooking on low flame and stir it in between.
- After 10minutes your rajma masala is done. Serve it with rice, naan or chapatti.