Ragdo stuffing for panipuri/golgappa
Black chana,potatoes stuffing and this ragdo stuffing is popular through out gujarat whereever you have panipuri. I like these both stuffings so usually I take turn with these both stuffings while making panipuri and sometimes add these both stuffings along with green pani to enjoy my panipuri.
- Yellow peas – 1 Cup
- Potatoes – 2
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 TSP
- Salt – as per taste
- Oil – 1 TSP
- Cumin seeds – 1 TSP
- Asafetida – 1/4 TSP
- Red chili powder – 1 TSP
- Coriander-cumin powder – 1 TSP
- Mango powder – 1 TSP
- Soak yellow peas over night or 3-4 hours in warm water.
- Boil it with enough water along with potatoes in pressure cooker adding turmeric powder and salt.
- I gave 10 whistles but 5 will work great.
- Let pressure cooker cool down completely.
- Heat oil in pan and add cumin seeds and asafetida to it.
- Now add boiled yellow peas along with peeled and chopped potatoes.
- Now add red chili powder, coriander-cumin powder and mango powder to it mix it well.
- Cook it for 2 minutes and switch off flame.
- Add this as stuffing in golgappa/panipuri along with green pani and enjoy.
- If ragdo thicken up after cooling down, add green pani for panipuri instead of water.
- It will enhance flavor of ragdo.
- You can also use this ragdo for samosa ragdo, aloo tikki ragdo etc.