Though I enjoy eating any cuisine but Mexican food is something I am always up for (May be I can relate my Indian eating with it I guess as it contain almost same spices!!!) so this time I am coming up with potato tacos recipe. Yes, you read it correct. Sound yummy right?? Being a vegetarian I have fewer options to play around in Mexican food but when I tried this potato tacos 1st time in one party, I got one more yummy stuffing for my tacos and since then I am big fan of it. So committee myself to feed the exact same tacos what I had there and I am so happy to manage to bring that flavors in my tacos. They used corn tortilla in it but my hubby isn’t fan of it so I used flour tortilla here. These delicious taco versions are stuffed with fluffy mashed potatoes, queso fresco cheese, some spices and pan-fried until crisp. Do try it and happily join potato tacos team 😉
- Olive oil – 2 TSP + for pan frying
- Onion – ½ Cup
- Cilantro – handful
- Potatoes – 3 medium sizes
- Queso fresco cheese or any cheese – 3-4 Oz
- Taco seasoning – 1 TSP
- Chaat masala (Optional) – ¼ TSP
- Coriander powder – ½ TSP
- Roasted cumin powder – ½ TSP
- Red crushed paper – ¼ TSP
- Flour or corn tortilla – 4 inch or any size as per you need
- (It will make about 12 to 14 tacos from 4inch tortilla bread)
- Boil potatoes with salt and let it rest into refrigerator for 4-5 hours once it cool down.
- Now peal it and cute small chunks out of it.
- Also cut small chunks of onions and cut cilantro too.
- Now heat up oil and sauté onion until translucent.
- Now add potato cubes, Coriander powder, roasted cumin powder, chaat masala, taco seasoning, red crushed paper, salt and cilantro to it and mix it well.
- Let all cook with covered pan for next 1-2 minutes and then switch off flame.
- Let mixture cool down completely.
- Now add crumble cheese to potato mixture and mix well.
- Now warm tortilla into microwave and fill 1-2 tbs of mixture in middle of bread.
- Try to seal both edges of tortilla bread by pressing it. It will easily get stick due to warm tortilla.
- Finish stuffing all tortilla like that.
- Heat up oil in flat pan and place tacos to it.
- Let it pan fry on both side for 1-2 minutes or until it get crispy on medium low flame.
- Serve it hot with lettuce, your choice of salsa, guacamole you like.