Palak Paneer is a traditional North Indian delicacy and is an integral part of the Punjabi cuisine consisting of spinach and indian cheese (paneer) in a thick curry sauce based on pureed spinach. It is a popular vegetarian dish. It is also one of my favorite dishes. Not just because I love it but also because it’s easy and quick to make. When I am running out of time and if I crave for paneer curry, I mostly prefer to make this dish.
- Vegetable Ghee – 2 TBS
- Oil – 1 TBS
- Spinach puree of 1 bunch
- Star anise – 1
- Cardomam – 3
- Cloves – 5
- Cinnamon stick – 2 inch
- Dried red chilis – 2
- Bay leaves – 2
- Green paste – 4green chilies, 4cloves of garlic and 1inch of ginger adding 2TBS of water and make paste in mixture
- Onion – 1 chopped
- Tomato – 1 chopped
- Coriander powder – 1TSP
- Turmeric powder – ¼ TSP
- Red chili powder – 1 TSP
- Garam masala – 1TSP
- Kitchen king masala – 1 & ½ TSP
- Chaat masala – 1 TSP
- Chana/chhole masala – 1 TSP
- Kasturi methi – 1 TBS
- Salt – As per the taste
- Sour cream – 1 TBS
- Paneer – 160 grams
- For spinach puree
- Cut and wash spinach and boil it in to hot bubbling water. Cook it for 1minutes and immediately transfer it into chilled water. Let it rest for next 5minutes and make puree it without adding water.
- Add ghee and oil in to pan and keep flame on medium.
- When it’s enough hot, add Star anise, Bay leaves, Cloves, Cardamom, dried red chilies, and Cinnamon steak to it and sort it for 30 seconds.
- Now add green paste to pot and immediately cover it. Open after 30 seconds and cook until its relive oil.
- Add onion and cook until 3minutes.
- Now add tomatoes to cook until start to leave oil.
- After tomatos get cook, add sour creame followed by all remaining spices.
- Mix it well for few seconds and add spinach puree to it and let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add paneer cube to it and let it cook until paneer get cook.