Orange cake – Eggless
Let’s bake some goodies. I am big fan of homemade baking either it’s fruit cobbler, pie, cookies or cake. And as I do enjoy fruit flavors, I like to add those and experiments in my cake too. But this cake turned out so well that you will simply feel like you are having bytes of oranges while eating it. Plus it is so simple and easy to make. Just follow exact measurement and you will not go wrong.
- All purpose flour – ¾ Cup
- Baking powder – 1 TSP
- Salt – ¼ TSP
- Eno fruit salt – 1 TSP
- Sugar little less than ½ Cup
- Oil – 3 TBS
- Orange juice – ½ Cup
- Egg substitute – 1 Egg (Optional)
- Orange zest – 1 TSP
- Vanilla essence – ½ TSP
- For orange glaze:
- Orange juice – ¼ cup or as per you need
- Confectioner sugar – 2 Spoons
- Add all dry ingredients to bowl like all purpose flour, salt, baking powder, sugar and mix it well and keep it aside.
- Now mix all wet ingredients like oil, orange juice, egg substitute (optional), orange zest and vanilla essence and mix well.
- Now add wet batter to dry ingredients and mix well.
- Mix it in clockwise or anti clockwise.
- Don’t break circle. It will help to incorporate much air inside and cake can turn out fluffy by doing this.
- When all mix together, add eno salt at last. Mix until eno mix well only.
- Don’t over mix after you add Eno.
- Now perform cut and fold for 3 times as shown in video recipe and immediately pour cake batter to already grease (with butter) and dusted cake pan. (If you are using round and bigger cake tin than you might need to double everything as my cake tin is smaller)
- Bake cake in preheated oven at 400 for 25 to 30 minutes. (Bake for 40 to 50 minutes if you are doubling ingredients and making big cake)
- Place knife or stick inside cake and if it’s comes out clean then your cake is ready.
- Let it cool down for 10 minutes and then take it out in serving plate.
- Now make glaze by mixing confectioner sugar to orange juice.
- Pour that glaze mixture on cake once cake is cool down completely and serve it.