Namakpara is a crunchy, savory and specially tea time snack of India. It can be in different shapes like square, diamond or ribbon-like strips of pastry delicately seasoned with cumin seeds, black paper powder and deep fried in oil or ghee.
- All-purpose flour – 1 cup
- Semolina – 3 spoons
- Warm water – ½ cup approximately
- Salt – as per taste
- Crushed Black paper – ½ TSP
- Cumin seeds – ½ TSP
- Oil – 1 to 2 TBS + for frying
- Mix all of the ingredients as above and make dough out of it and knead it for 5minutes.
- Cover dough with any vessel and rest it for 10 minutes.
- Now start to make flat chapatti out of it and on one side start to heat up oil for frying.
- After you done with chapatti, take knife or pizza cutter and cut it vertically and horizontally to give square or diamond shape to it.
- After done with rolling namakpara, Start to fry it with enough hot oil on medium to high flame until it’s become nicely golden brown and crispy.
- Let it cool down and store it in ziplok bag.