Tea time and any kind of chevda is perfect fit in India. This is famous tea time snacks or you can have it as it is anytime. Like me. Here I have made mix chevda with combination of murmara and corn flakes and poha. I love the khatta-mittha taste of chevda so here I came with this recipe.
- Mamra (Puffed rice flakes) – 250grames
- Corn flacks (Corn poha) – 2 & ½ Cup
- Thick poha – 2Cup
- Thin sev – 1 & ½ Cup
- Peanuts – ¾ Cup
- Chhana daal – 1Cup
- Oil – 5TBS + frying
- Asafetida – ½ TSP
- Turmeric powder – 1 & ½ TSP
- Salt – 1TSP
- Curry leaves – 5 to 6
- Masala mix for Mamra:
- Red chili powder – 1TBS
- Cumin coriander powder – 1TBS
- Sugar – 2 TBS
- Dry mango powder – 1TBS
- Masala mix for Pohas:
- Turmeric Powder – 1 & ½ TSP
- Salt – 1TSP
- Red chili powder – 1TBS or as per you need
- Cumin coriander powder – 1 TBS
- Sugar – 1 & ½ TBS
- Dry mango powder – Little less than 1TBS
- Take heavy skillet big pan and add oil to it.
- Add asafetida and turmeric powder to it after it heat up.
- Add mumra,salt and mix everything well. Roast it for 5 to 10 minutes and till its crunchy enough and keep mixing it prevent burning in the bottom of pan. When it’s done, add sev to it and mix it and off stove.
- Now make spices mixture for mamra and corn, poha as mention in ingredients and add spices mix of mamra to it.
- Take oil in frying pan and when it is hot, add peanuts to it and fry until its golden brown. Add curry leaves when you about to take out peanuts and add those to mamra and mix well.
- Now same way fry corn poha and thick poha and take it in separate vessel.
- Add another spice mix which we made for our flakes to our fried pohas and mix everything well.
- Now mix that poha mixture to mamra and add chana daal to it.
- Mix all together and your crunchy, salty, tangy, spicy mix chevda is ready.