Misal pav – Crunchy, spicy, juicy street side food of Mumbai
Misal pav does not need any introduction. This crunchy, spicy, juicy misal with its snacks and pav made this whole dish divine in the taste. Don’t forget to try it if you are visiting Mumbai. A famous street side delicacy of Mumbai.
- Moong beans – 3/4 cup
- Rajma – 2 handfull
- Math beans – 3/4 cup
- Chopped potato – 1
- Water – 3 cups for pressure cooker + 3 cups while cooking
- Salt – As per taste
- Oil – 3 tbs
- Mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Asafetida – 1/8 tsp
- Curry leaves – 10
- Chopped onions – 1 cup
- Crushed ginger – 1 tsp
- Chopped tomatoes – 3/4 cup
- Coriander cumin powder – 2 tsp
- Garam masala – 1/4 tsp
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Kashmiri red chili powder – 1 tsp (optional for red color)
- Achar masala – 1 tsp
- usal masala – 2 tsp
- Crushed garlic – 1 tbs
- Cilantro – For garnishing
- Soak lentils for 6 to 8 hours and remove excess water.
- Take one big vessel and layer muslin cloth inside.
- Add beans to it and cover cloth on it. cover vessel with lid.
- sprinkle water on top and keep it aside for 24 to 36 hours.
- Sprinkle water one time on it after 12 to 18 hours.
- once they sprouted nicely add those to pressure cooker along with copped potatoes, water and salt.
- Give five whistles to it and keep it aside.
- Meanwhile give tadka.
- Add oil to large pot and oil to it.
- Add mustard seeds, curry leaves, asafetida to it when it hot. let it crackle.
- Now add chopped onions to it and saute for 2-3 minutes until translucent.
- Add chopped tomatoes and ginger to it and again cook it until oil separate on top.
- Now add coriander cumin powder, garam masala, red chili powder, kashmiri red chili powder, achar masala, usal masala and crushed garlic to it.
- Mix all well and let spices cook for 30 seconds.
- now add water to it and give it boil.
- Once is come to boil, cover it, lower the flame and let it cook for 2 minutes.
- Now add boiled beans to it along with it’s water.
- Mix it and adjust seasoning if needed.
- cook it with cover pot for 10 minutes on low heat.
- garnish it with cilantro at end.
Take spicy misal in one wold and sprinkle some lime juice on top.
add crunchy Indian snacks on top of it.
have with Indian pav.