Matar is a hindi name for peas and paneer as you know is Indian cottage cheese and when they are cooked together in a creamy and rich curry sauce it’s called Matar Paneer. Combined peas with paneer and prepared a tomato based curry to go with rotis, naan or any Indian bread. Matar Paneer, a culinary gem of North Indian origin, is a popular, simple to make and delectable creamy curry that is hard to resist.
- Oil – 1 TBS
- Ghee – 2 TBS
- Cloves – 5
- Cinnamon stick – 1 large
- Cardamom – 3
- Dry red chilies – 2
- Tomato – 1 Large
- Onion – 1 Large
- Green chili, ginger & garlic crush – 2 TBS
- Paneer – 150 grams
- Green peas – 1 up
- Salt – As per taste
- Red chili powder – 1 TSP
- Coriander powder – 1 TSP
- Turmeric powder – ¼ TSP
- Garam Masala – 1 TSP
- KItchenking masala – 1 TSP
- Kasturi Methi (Fenugreek leaves)- 1 TBS
- Water – 1 & ½ cup or as per you need consistency of your gravy.
- Heavy cream – 1 TBS
- Cilantro – For garnishing
- Mix cut tomatoes and onions into blender and make smooth paste out of it.
- Add oil and ghee to pan and let it hot.
- Add dry whole spices to it and sauté it for 30 seconds.
- Now add green chilies, ginger and garlic crushed into it and again sauté it for next 30 seconds.
- Now add green peas to it and let it cook for next 3minutes on medium to low flame and stir it in between.
- Add tomato onion puree to it and let it cook until its start to separate oil. (approx. 5 to 7 minutes, stir it in between )
- Now add salt, red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, garam Masala, kitchen king masala and kasturi Methi to it and mix well.
- Let it cook all the spices for 1minutes and then add paneer cubes to it and mix well.
- Add water to it after it all mix properly and make gravy.
- Now cook matar panner for next 3 minutes until paneer get cook and tender.
- Add heavy cream to give richer taste.
- Garnish it with cilantro and serve it hot with any Indian bread.