Masala chai is a flavored tea beverage made by brewing black tea with a mixture of aromatic Indian spices and herbs. This is a ubiquitous drink in India. It has always been an integral part of our daily lives as well as our get together with friends and family. My mornings are incomplete without cup of hot spiced tea. I like variations in my tea because I feel bore to have same type of tea every day for long time. So I keep changing spices and herbs into my tea to give me new and refreshing taste. You can try adding crushed ginger or mint leaves or only cardamom or cinnamon to your tea to have different taste of your tea.
- Water – ½ Cup or less
- Full fat Milk – ½ Cup or more
- Black tea – 1 TSP
- Sugar – 1 Spoon
- Whole spices for Masala:
- Cardamom – 1
- Cinnamon stick – 1 small
- Black paper – 2
- Cloves – 1
- Grind together cardamom, cinnamon stick, Black paper and cloves with mortar and pestle or coffee/spice grinder.
- Add water to boil and into that add tea and sugar.
- Let it boil on low flame for 2 minutes.
- Now add Milk to it and add freshly grind masala to it.
- Let it have full boil and then low down the heat.
- Let it again boil for next 2 minutes and strain it into a warmed teapot or directly into teacups.