Mango chaat pizza
I am huge fan of desi style of pizza. When I first time tried this mango chaat pizza from pizza and curry, I simply loved it. Being foodie and passion towards cooking, I had to give try this one and in very 1st attempt I succeed to get that taste and texture of pizza so here I am sharing this recipe with my viewers.
- Warm water – 1 Cup
- Active dry yeast – 1 TSP
- Sugar – ½ TSP
- Bread flour or all purpose flour (Mendo) – 2 Cup
- Salt – As per taste
- Olive oil – 1 TBS
- Chopped Mengo – 1/2 Cup
- Green paper – 1/4 Cup
- Onions – 1/4 Cups
- Chaat masala – 1/2 TSP
- Lime juice – 1 TSP
- Black paper powder – 1/2 TSP
- Mozzarella cheese – As much you wish
- Soak yeast into warm water adding sugar to it and let it rest for next 5-10 minutes.
- Add salt and oil to flour.
- When yeast is activated, add it to flour.
- Drizzle oil drops on dough when you done kneading and keep it at warm place by covering it for 1 to 1 ½ hour.
- While dough is resting, start marinating your veggies.
- Add chopped mangoes, onions and green bell papers to bowl and add chaat masala, black paper powder and squeeze lime to it. Mix it well and let is rest for 30 minutes.
- Take out dough when it’s nicely rise up almost double.
- Flour surface and roll dough for a while. Though stickiness will be there so don’t expect it to be easy to work with 😉
- Make 1 15 Inch pizza or make two bolls out of it and make 2 10 inch each pizza like i did. (It will neither thin nor thick pizza. something in middle of it.)
- Side by side also preheat your oven at 450. (Recommended is 400 but my oven is old man so need to keep it little high)
- Drizzle olive oil on pizza pan and place pizza dough there. Again drizzle some oil on dough and start rolling pizza with help of your fingers. Roll until it’s about 8 to 10 inch diameter.
- Because it’s super sticky texture, rolling pin or flour will not help to roll pizza. ( For best result sprinkle some corn meal or semolina on pizza pan along with oil. It will help pizza to set on place rather then shrinking inside and it will be lot easier to work with this kind of sticky dough. Though make sure dough doesn’t sticks to pan)
- Apply Indo-Italian pizza sauce on top. (For desi taste, you must need to use this pizza sauce which makes huge difference in taste. Check out recipe @http://crazy4veggie.com/indo_italian_pizza_sauce.php)
- Now add cheese on top as much you like.
- Now add generous amount of veggie mixture which we marinated already. And your pizza is ready to go into oven.
- Place pizza pan at very bottom of oven and let it cook until crust is golden brown in color and cheese is melted and bubbly.
- It may take between 5 to 12 minutes depending upon how efficient your oven is.
- Serve it hot and enjoy new taste of pizza.