Malai cham cham
Malai chum chum is famous bengali sweet same as Rosogolla. I like this sweet more than rasgulla as it has flavor of khoya with rose essence. You can make it cham cham with many varieties like plain chu chum, chum chum rolled with coconut, Chum chum deeper in fresh malai or chum chum stuffed with malai. Here I am showing you last one, Malai chum chum which is nothing but stuffed chum chum as this is my most favorite version of it. For this recipe you must need to use homemade paneer.
- Paneer – from 3 cups of full fat milk
- Water – 2 Cups
- Sugar – 1/2 Cup
- Crushed cardamom of 3 pods
- Milk powder – 1/2 Cup
- Milk – 1/2 Cup
- Rose essence – 4-5 drops
- Yellow food color – 8 drops
- Milkmaid – 2 TBS
- For garnishing – chirongi(charoli), sliced almonds, saffron milk or anything you like.
- Make paneer out of 3 cups of full fat milk.
- Here is link of homemade panner : http://crazy4veggie.com/homemade_paneer.php
- Knead the paneer for 5 minutes and make it smooth.
- Divide paneer into 5 parts.
- Press paneer bolls between your palms and smooth outer surface and give oval shape to it.
- Add water,sugar and crushed cardamom to wide face pan.
- After sugar melts and syrup starts boiling, add paneer bolls.
- Cook it on medium flame with covered pan for 10 minutes.
- Cham cham will nicely risen after they cooked.
- Take it out and let it cool down complete
- Note: Knead well enough to panner. I knead it little less so you can see some lines on cham cham.
- Take cham cham out and let it cool completely. You can also refrigerate it for easy handling
- Meanwhile prepare malai.
- Mix milk powder and milk to bowl. (You can also use fresh khoya if you have)
- Heat ghee to nonstick pan, add milk powder better to it.
- It can stick to bottom so keep mixing it.
- Once it mixed, add milkmaid to it. (You can also add sugar instead of milkmaid)
- Add ross essence and yellow food color to it.
- Malai will be ready after 2 minutes of cooking.
- It will going to thicken up once it cool down.
- Now cut chum chum from middle.
- Stuff already cooled malai in between.
- Decorate it with chirongi,sliced almonds and saffron milk with it’s strands or anyway you like.
- You can top anything you like.