How to make homemade chapati/roti
Roti is generally a South Asian bread made from stoneground whole wheat flour, traditionally known as atta flour, that originated and is consumed in India and some of her neighbor country too. Roti and its thinner variant, known as chapati, are an integral part of Indian cuisine.
- Wheat flour – 1 cup
- Oil – 1 TSP
- Water – ½ cup or as per needed
- Add wheat flour and oil to big vessel and mix it well.
- Now start to knead dough adding slowly water to it.
- Knead it to 5minutes to get soft dough.
- Drizzle some oil on top, roll it all over and let it rest at least 10 minutes.
- Now roll chapatti with the help of rolling pin.
- Start heating pan to roast chapatti.
- After it heat up reduce to medium and add chapati to it.
- Cook up to 25% on one side and turn it to another side.
- Now keep your flame on high and let it cook for 75% on another side.
- Now turn your chapatti on open fire upside down and let roast for few seconds.
- Serve it hot with applying some ghee or butter on top