Sweets and snacks are prepared during Diwali in Indian households so as to offer them to friends and family who visit you in Diwali. Presenting a sweet dish that is again a Gujarati specialty called Magaj ladoo (magaj na ladva) is favorite sweet dish for Diwali season. This is my mother’s specialty sweet and I am really glad that I succeed with taste and quality same like my mommy doing.
- Chick pea flour – 3 Cups
- Milk – ¼ Cup
- Ghee – ¾ Cup
- Sugar – 1 & ¼ Cup
- Mix chick pea flour and milk together with your both hands and press all flour together.
- Let it rest for next 20minutes and then sift it well. It will help to create grainy texture which we must need to make our ladoo.
- Now add ghee to broad pan. Use heavy bottom pan for this recipe.
- After melting ghee, add flour to it.
- Keep your flame on low.
- Roast flour for 15 to 17minutes on very low flame.
- Keep stirring for 2minutes even after you off stove to prevent burning.
- Let it rest for half hour and then add sugar to it.
- Mix sugar well and let it rest until it is completely cool. It will take 2 to 3 hours.
- Now make ladoo out of it with preference of your size.
- Garnish it with any nut on top and you ready to go with delicious ladoo.