Lasaniya bataka – Spicy garlicy potatoe
Lasaniya bataka recipe is from the kathiyawad, saurashtra region of gujarat which can enjoyed with fryums. lasaniya means garlicky flavored and batata/bataka means potatoes.You can make this recipe from your spice level preference thought it sold and eaten as super spicy food in saurashtra. Those who appreciate the spiciness and are ready to go to any length to enjoy the best flavor of garlic and potato sautéed in spices will experience the heavenly delight.
- Boiled baby potatoes – 8
- Dry red chilies – 2
- Kashmiri red chili powder – 1 TSP
- Garlic – 2 big cloves
- Salt – for boiling potatoes + for chutney
- Oil – 1 TSP
- Boil potatoes with plenty of salt, peel it and keep it aside.
- Soak dry red chilies into water for 3 hours.
- Add those chilies, kashmiri red chili powder,salt and garlic to blender jar along with some water which used to soak dry red chilies.
- Make chutney out of it.
- Add this chili puree to boiled potatoes and toss it.
- Heat up oil, add potatoes to id and let it cook for 2minutes.
- Garnish it with cilantro and serve it with fryums.