Kaju paan with nuts filling
Kaju paan is unique Indian sweet which gives you twist of paan taste without having paan. Kaju katli layer with gulkund will gives you flavors of paan while crunchy nuts will kick to it. Do try this sweet in festival season and enjoy it.
- Kaju powder – 1 cup
- Milk – 1/4 cup
- Powder sugar – 1/4 cup
- Gulkand – 2 tbs
- Green fool color – 7 drops
- Roasted almonds and cashew – 1/2 cup
- Butterscotch syrup – 1/3 cup
- Milk powder – 2 tbs(optional)
- Crush the cashew in mixture and sieve it to discard any chunk.
- Heat up milk and add cashew powder, sugar, gulakand and green food color to it.
- Mix all well and let it cook on medium flame until kaju paste leaves the pan.
- It may takes around 7 to 9 minutes.
- Keep stirring it though out the process.
- Add milk powder at end and off the flame.
- keep it aside and ready nut mixture.
- Crush the nuts in food processor or mortal pastel while keeping it’s texture chunky.
- Add butterscotch syrup to it and mix until nuts are covered with it.
- Now start rolling sheet of kaju paan while mixture is warm.
- Make medium size of kaju bolls.
- Apply ghee on both side of plastic and place kaju boll in it and start rolling it.
- Keep it’s size like palm with medium thickness and place round cutter on top to cut it’s adges and even it out.(optional)
- now give two cut to it, horizontally and vertically to it and make 4 pieces of it.
- Take one piece in hand and stuff nuts mixture in middle of it and start to seal it gently from both sides.
- Repeat same steps with remaining paan.
- Apply silver varakh when you done with all.