Paneer is indian cheese which is popularly used in all Indian-Punjabi curry and Indian desserts. Though it is easily available to any Indian grocery store but when you make it fresh at home, You can see the difference in your dish. It’s pretty simple and easy to make. Just follow steps as mentioned and you done.
- Milk – 5Cups
- Lime Juice- 2 & ½ TBS + 1TBS water
- Ice Cubes- 1 Tray of Ice
- Add milk to pan and let it starts to boil.
- Slowly add mixture of lime juice and water to it after it starts to boil.
- Stir it for 30 seconds and immediately add ice cube to it and then off the stove.
- Let it rest for 5minutes.
- Drain paneer in vessel which has small holes and cover with cotton or muslin cloth.
- Squeeze out remaining water and wash paneer with regular water.
- Squeeze it and try to get rid of moisture.
- Open muslin cloth and gather paneer from all sides.
- Give square shape to cloth and place heavy pressure like mortal pastel, or heavy glass plates and bowl on it to get rid of remaining moisture.
- Rest paneer for 2 to 3 hours.
- You can start working with paneer If you want to make Indian dessert but keep it refrigerate for 2-3 hours before you make any curry out of it.