Green vegetable lasagna
Green vegetables, creamy tomato sauce and cheese make this vegetable lasagna recipe one of my favorites. The thing I like most about this recipe is you can assemble everything in your baking pan day ahead and simply bake next day at your day of party or potluck. Just put it in over and your yummy cheese and bubbly vegetable lasagna will be ready to serve. I am diehard fan of Italian cuisine and when lasagna is there in picture, I am always in for it. Unfortunately my husband is not at all any type of pasta fan either its lasagna, fettuccine, spaghetti, penne, ravioli….you name it and he will say big “NO” to it. So I get rare chance to cook at home as these types of pastas are fun to cook if someone is sharing this with you. but this time I grab the chance while my girlfriends where coming to home for tea party. yes you read it write, I cooked this lasagna in tea party and I am so glad they enjoyed it so much. This is much old recipe shoot which I finally releasing 😉 Hope you do enjoy the same.
- Olive oil – 2 TSP
- Crushed garlic – 5
- Onions – 1/2 Cup
- Green bell paper – 1 small
- Zuccinni – 1/2 of medium
- Celery – 1 stock
- Brocollii – 1 Cup
- Spinach – 1 Cup
- Dry Basil – 1 TSP
- Oregano – 1 TSP
- Dry parsely – 1 TSP
- Crushed red peper – 1/2 TSP (Optional)
- ricotta cheese – 10 oz
- rosemary – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – As per require
- Mozzarella cheese – 1 cup or more
- Heat up oil and saute crushed garlic and onions until translucent.
- Add green bell paper, zucchini, celery and broccoli to it.
- Add dry basil, oregano, parsley, crushed red paper and salt to it and cook for 5 minutes on medium flame.
- Now add spinach to it and off the flame and let it cool down completely.
- While veggies are cooling down, work on cheese.
- Add ricotta cheese, rosemary and salt to bowl and keep it aside.
- Spread pasta sauce in 8*8 baking pan.
- layer oven ready lasagna sheet on it following by 1/3 of ricotta cheese mixture, 1/3 of veggie mix and pasta sauce.
- sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top.
- Repeat same step 2 more times and at final layer add good amount of mozzarella cheese and cover it with aluminum foil.
- Bake it in preheated oven at 375 for 30 minutes, later remove foil and cook for more 20 mins, broil if desire.
- Serve it hot and enjoy.