Gold coin is super crispy bread appetizer with stuffing of potatoes and some unique combinations of spices. This recipe is my recent invention as I like to play around and try to make new dishes in my kitchen. I named it gold coin as it’s round in shape like coin and golden color which I got after broiling is perfectly suitable with this name. Baked it in oven or fry it in oil, Anyway you’ll going to get incredible taste of this Indian appetizer.
- Boiled potatoes – 3
- Turmeric powder – less than ¼ TSP
- Coriander cumin powder – ½ TSP
- Red chili powder – ½ TSP
- Broken Cashew – 6-8
- Freshly crushed masala powder – 1 cloves, ½ inch cinnamon, 1 leave of star anis
- Nutmeg powder – Pinch
- Garam masala – ¼ to 1/2 TSP
- Kitchen king masala – ¼ to 1/2 TSP
- Crushed peanut – 1 TBS
- Fennel seeds – Pinch
- Coriander seeds – Pinch
- Cumin seeds – Pinch
- Sesame seeds – Pinch
- Charoli – 10-15
- Raisin – 6
- Green chili – 1 small
- Bread – 10 to 12
- Oil – as per needed
- For flour paste:
- All purpose flour – 2 TBS
- Salt – Pinch
- Water – as per needed
- Mesh boiled potatoes and everything mentioned in the ingredients and mix all well.
- Cut round shape of breads by placing steel glass on top of it and press it.
- Take out bread coin on side and repeat this with all breads.
- Add everything in small bowl mentioned in flour paste ingredients and make paste out of it.
- Now fill 1 TBS of stuffing on one bread. Keep some space on sides.
- Now apply flour paste at end of coin and place another coin of bread on top of it.
- Gently press ends of coin and try to seal both breads.
- Press coin between your palm to evenly distribute potato mixture.
- Now prey oil on both sides of coin and broil it in oven for 2-3 minutes each side.
- Keep eye of it as breads can easily burn fast on broil setting.
- Take it out when it nicely crisp and golden in color.
- Serve it hot with green chutney, sweet chutney or ketch up.