Eggplant and potato curry
Simple yet mouthwatering eggplant potatoes sabzi will suite your table anytime. Serve it hot with chapatti or paratha to accomplish your meal.
- Chines eggplant – 1 medium size
- Potatoes – 2 Medium size
- Oil – 2 TBS
- Asafetida – ¼ TSP
- Mustard seeds – ½ TSP
- Cumin seeds – ½ TSP
- Tomato – 1
- Turmeric powder – ½ TSP
- Salt – As per the taste
- Garlic red chili powder chutney – 3cloves of crushed garlic mix up with 1 TSP of red chili powder
- Coriander-cumin powder – 1 ½ TSP
- Red chili powder – 1 TSP
- Sabzi/garam masala – ½ TSP
- Sugar – ½ TSP
- Water – ¾ Cup
- Cilantro – for garnishing
- Cut eggplant and potatoes into small cube size.
- Keep it into water to prevent changing its color.
- Heat up oil in pressure cooker.
- Add mustard seeds and cumin seeds and let them splutter.
- Add asafetida and cut tomatoes to it and mix well.
- Add turmeric powder followed by eggplant and potatoes.
- Mix it well and add coriander cumin powder, sabzi masala, salt, sugar and garlic red chili chutney to it and mix it well.
- After done mixing, keep cooker’s lead on top (without closing it) and let all the spices cook into oil for 2minutes.
- Now add water to it and close the lead.
- Give 2 whistles on high flame and then off your stove.
- Wait until air released naturally and then only open pressure cooker.
- Garnish it with cilantro.