Coconut chutney is an example of how good a raw food can taste when prepared with right ingredients.This is the easiest chutney you can make.It goes with idli and dosa.There is no need to cook any of the ingredients in this except to seasoning.
- Oil – 1TBS
- Asafetida – Pinch
- Mustard seeds – 1/8 TSP
- Urad daal – 1 TBS
- Dry red chilies – 2
- Curry leaves – 6
- Split gram (daliya) & Peanut – ½ cup
- Coconut powder (Dry or freshly graded) – 1 cup
- Yogurt – 3 TBS
- Salt – As per taste
- Green chilies – 3 to 4
- Water – 1 & ½ Cup
- Put the coconut, green chilies, split gram, peanut, curd and salt in a blender to make a fine paste. Keep aside.
- Prepare the tempering by heating the oil and adding the mustard seeds, urad daal, asafetida and dry red chilies and add curry leaves and stirring till the mustard seeds crackle. Pour this tempering over the chutney and mix well.
- Refrigerate it and add more water if it’s thicken up later.