Classic Margherita Pizza
This classic Margherita pizza is so simple and easy yet it always appetizing. The quality and taste of this pizza based on you Using ingredients into it. So try to use the best fresh mozzarella and basil you can find for this Pizza Margherita.
- Diced tomatoes – As much you need
- Pizza dough
- Corn meal/samolina – Helps to roll pizza
- Olive oil – for drizzle
- Sea salt/regular salt- for sprinkle
- Red chili flakes – Little bit (Optional)
- Parmesan cheese – 2 TBS in each 10 inch pizza
- Fresh basil – 12-15 leaves for each pizza
- Tomato slices – As much need
- Fresh mozzarella cheese – As much you need to be generous on it
- Crush the diced tomatoes in chopper. You can keep some texture if you like.
- I am using seasoned can here so it has garlic but if you are using plain then add garlic in chopper while crushing it.
- Sprinkle corn meal on clean and flat surface and roll pizza from pizza dough either using your hands or rolling pin.
- Now spread crushed tomatoes on it following by drizzling little olive oil, sea salt, red chili flakes and parmesan cheese on top.
- Chopped basil and add it on top of pizza following by slice of tomatoes.
- You can place tomatoes slices near by or with some distance, whatever way you like.
- Now add fresh mozzarella cheese on top of pizza by crumbling it with hands. Keep your hand tight or generous as much you like cheese in your pizza.
- Place pizza on very bottom rack of preheated oven at 550.
- Bake it for 5-8 minutes until its well cooked.
- Keep eye on it while baking as such high temperature of oven can cook pizza so fast.
- Again sprinkle some fresh parmesan cheese on top ones pizza done following by some fresh basil and enjoy.