Chakli/murukku is Diwali special snack but if you are typical Indian snacks lover like me than you can entertain yourself anytime by making this super simple, quick and easy rice chakli. This is such a crispy snacks made with rice flour yet it will melt into your mouth as soon as you bite it.
- Oil – For frying
- Rice flour – 2 Cups
- Butter – 3 TBS
- Salt – as per taste
- Sesame seeds – 2 TBS
- Crushed green chili and ginger – 1 chili, 1 inch ginger
- Yogurt – ¾ Cup
- Water – 3 TBS or as needed
- Add room temperature butter to rice flour and mix it until crumbly texture.
- Now add all other ingredients to rice flour and make dough out of it. Let it rest for at least 1 hour with cover dough.
- Now grease chakri maker with oil and put chakri dough in it.
- Close the chakri maker and make chukri like I showed in video.
- Now heat up oil on medium high and fry them around 2-3 minutes until it’s golden in color.
- Let it cool down completely and enjoy your snacks with your favorites hot tea or coffee.