Broccoli soup | cheese less and super creamy |
Fall is officially here and season of hot soup cooking in my kitchen is more frequent now. but sometimes you do wants to enjoy creamy and cheesy soup without adding tons of calories on you and that’s why I created this super cheesy(without cheese), creamy yet light broccoli soup version. I hope you all like my this new experiment. Please do try this and let me know how you like it.
- Cauliflower – 2 Cups
- Water – 1 cup( to boil cauliflower) + 3/4 cup (to cook broccoli)
- Onion – 1/2 cup
- Broccoli – 2 cups
- Olive oil – 2 tbs
- Crushed garlic – 1 tsp
- Shredded carrots – 1/2 cup
- Salt – As per taste
- Black paper – 1/4 tsp
- Butter – 1 tbs
- All purpose flour – 2 tsp (you can also use wheat flour here)
- Milk – 1 3/4 cup
- Nutmeg powder – 3 piches
- Cayenne pepper – 1/4 tsp
- Chop the cauliflower and boil it into water for 5-7 minutes until its nicely tender.
- While cauliflower is boiling, you can also boil broccoli.
- Add olive oil to pan and add crushed garlic and chopped onions to it and saute it until translucent.
- Add chopped broccoli, shredded carrots and mix it well.
- Season it with salt and paper and let it cook by adding water till it’s mostly cook. It will take around 5 minutes.
- Once it done, give pulse to hand blender and crush the broccoli mixture. Do not puree it if you like texture in your soup.
- Meanwhile blend cauliflower with hand blender and make sauce consistency out of it and keep it aside.
- Heat butter in pan and add all purpose flour to it. roast it until raw aroma disappear. (2-3 minutes)(use olive oil to make it vegan)
- Slowly add warm milk to it and keep mixing it.
- Add salt and nutmeg powder to it.
- Add remaining milk and cauliflower sauce and let it boil together for 5 minutes.(add vegetable broth instead of milk to make it vegan)
- Now add crushed broccoli and cayenne pepper to it and let soup simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- At this point you can add handful of cheddar cheese to your soup if you wish.
- Off the stove and serve it hot.