Breakfast aloo paratha
Aloo paratha is one of the most favorite breakfast recipe from India. You can make aloo paratha with your choice of spices and method. Here I am showing recipe of one punjabi aunty who used to make these super simple yet yummy paratha while I was in my job training at Delhi, India. And from that day, I am huge fan of this type of paratha.
- 1 Large boiled potato
- All purpose flour – 3/4 Cup
- Wheat flour – 3/4 Cup
- Salt – As per taste
- Oil – 1 TSP (For kneading dough)
- Finely copped onions – 1/2 cup
- Chopped cilantro – Big handful amount
- Red chili powder – 1/2 TSP
- Water – As much you need
- Butter, oil or ghee for roasting paratha
- Boil potato and refrigerate it for 5 hours.
- Add wheat flour and all purpose flour to bowl following by salt and oil.
- Now add water as much you need and knead the dough.
- Add 1/2 tsp of oil on top and cover it.
- Meanwhile make stuffing.
- Shred potatoes and add chopped onions, Chopped cilantro, salt and red chili powder to it and mix it.(Texture of shredded potato does make difference in this recipe)
- Stuffing is ready.
- Now lets roll paratha so first knead dough for 1 minute and make dumplings out of it.
- Roll small thick chapati kind of bread from dumpling and stuff 1-2 tbs of potatoes stuffing to it.
- Now take all of the edges and seal paratha and take out excess dough and flat it.
- now again roll it with gentle hands until desire thickness.
- Heat pan and flip paratha into it.
- Cook it on both the sides applying butter or oil and serve it hot.