Black chickpeas curry
If you would like to experience all flowers in one dish then this is the perfect one to have. Here is my simple and easy version of Dabeli. Combinations of Spicy, sweet and tangy flowers will definitely tempting you to have bit of it. You can say it “Vegetarian burger” too….which contains potato stuffing with some chutneys and topping in it will give kick to its taste.
- Oil – 3 TBS
- Black chickpea – 2/3 Cup
- Asafetida – pinch
- Turmeric powder – ¼ TSP
- Coriander powder – 1 TSP
- Garlic red chili powder – 1 & ½ TSP
- Garam masala – ¼ TSP
- Salt- as per taste
- Sugar – 1 TSP
- Lime juice – 2 TSP
- Water – for boiling
- Soak chickpeas in warm water overnight or 4-5 hours.
- Boil it in pressure cooker adding salt and water for 30minutes.
- Let pressure cooker cool down naturally.
- Add oil to pan.
- Add asafetida, turmeric powder and boiled chickpeas to it. Keep some water in to chickpeas.
- Now add coriander powder, garlic red chili, garam masala, sugar, lime juice and if require salt too.
- Mix everything well and cook it for next 5-7minutes.
- Garnish it with cilantro and serve it hot.