Healthy kale quinoa khichadi
For mother, Nothing is more satisfying to feed healthy and fresh food to her baby. When its comes to cook for my kids, I am very particular about adding servings of veggies, gains and protein to it. This recipe is one of such recipe which your baby can have it as his lunch or dinner. Even we can have same khichadi too.Here I am adding brown rice which is little hard to digest so start giving this when your baby is 8+ months. You can also roast brown rice before you make khichadi so it will be lighter to digest.
- Moong dal – 1 tbs
- Quinoa – 1 tbs
- Brown rice – 1 tbs
- Ghee – 2 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Asafetida – 2 Pinches
- Chopped kale – From 2 strings
- Turmeric powder – Pinch
- Water – 1 cup
- Salt – 2 pinches
- Red chili powder – pinch(optional)
- Coriander cumin powder – pinch(optional)
- Garam masala – pinch(optional)
- Wash quinoa, moong dal and brown rice and keep it aside.
- In pressure cooker, heat ghee.
- Now add cumin seeds and asafetida to it.
- Now add chopped kale, turmeric powder and water to it and give it boil.
- Season it with salt, red chili power, coriander cumin powder and garam masala.
- Close lid of pressure cooker and give it one-two whistles.
- Now reduce flame between medium to low and let this cook for 7-8 minutes and again give 2-3 whistles.
- Lets pressure release naturally.
- Mix khichadi well and feed as it is or puree it with your conveniency.